Anthony Tjan, CEO and Managing Partner at Cueball, is a serial entrepreneur turned VC and New York Times best-selling author.
At LeWeb Paris 2013, Anthony delivered an excellent presentation in which he shared the latest findings from his on-going research based on 25,000 plus business-builders from around the globe and help explain why it is self-awareness and a handful of traits that can help explain what drives entrepreneurial success.
According to Anthony, the four defining traits of great entrepreneurs and business-builders are:
Every entrepreneur and business-builder posses every one of these four traits, thought the mix varies from person to person. Watch his presentation to better understand the impact of this traits for your career.
Anthony Tjan – Wayfinding for the Entrepreneur. What is the “DNA” that drives entrepreneurship?
After you enjoy this presentation I strongly recommend you to do two things:
1. Take the Entrepreneurial Aptitude Test (E.A.T.) Survey and discover what dominant traits drive you. (It will take you no more than 10 minutes, I promise.)
2. Get his excellent book Heart, Smarts, Guts, and Luck: What It Takes to Be an Entrepreneur and Build a Great Business (Amazon affiliate link).
Photo credit: Ivan Hernandez
1. Back from LeWeb Paris 2013
Not long ago Mitch Joel, President of Twist Image, published his new book Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It. (Amazon Affiliate Link).
To celebrate the lunch of the book, instead of having the standard book launch party, Mitch invited Seth Godin to join him on stage to have a remarkable conversation about how much business has changed, and what this means for all of us going forward.
This is a fascinating conversation between two amazing thought-leaders. I strongly recommend you to watch the video on its entirety and then go … no … run to buy Mitch’s books.
Mitch Joel and Seth Godin, “CTRL ALT DELETE”
1. Mitch Joel on how everything we know about business has fundamentally changed
2. Seth Godin on The Icarus Deception, pushing the limits and connecting with other humans
3. Seth Godin on risk taking, initiative, curiosity and much more
4. Mitch Joel on the future of the web
Posted in Business Development, Career Design, Entrepreneurship, Get Inspired!, Videos
Tagged Accomplishment, Achievement, Advice, Business, Business Development, Career, Digital, Entrepreneurship, Get Inspired!, Videos
Episode #12 of The Digital Loop
In this episode, Paul and I focus on Personal Branding.
The Digital Loop: Personal Branding
The Digital Loop: Personal Branding (Audio Only)
If you want to connect with us, you can follow us in the following social networks:
1. Personal Branding is …
2. You must take control of your presence online
3. Building Your Personal Brand
4. Tom Peters on the Brand You concept
5. David Armano on building your personal brand online
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
“One option is to struggle to be heard whenever you’re in the room… Another is to be the sort of person who is missed when you’re not. The first involves making noise. The second involves making a difference.”
“For many people, twenty years of experience is really one year of experience repeated twenty times”
“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Posted in Business Development, Career Design, Entrepreneurship, Quote of the week
Tagged Accomplishment, Achievement, Business Development, Career, Entrepreneurship, Goals, Ideas, Personal Development, Quote of the week, Self-Motivation