Alan Weiss is one of the most successful Management Consultants in the world, and by far, one of my biggest source of guidance and inspiration. He is the best-selling author of more than 40 books, including the remarkable Million Dollar Consulting (Amazon affiliate link) (Note: if you want to watch my review of this outstanding book click here)
Recently Alan was invited to lecture at Harvard University, where he shared tons of extremely valuable advice.
In this presentation he talks about:
– Setting your own path
– The real definition of Consulting
– Why you need to reinvent yourself constantly
– What is the most important skill you need to be a consultant
– The Value-Distance concept
– What is the biggest reason why Consultants fail
– Value-Based Fees
– How to develop your position in the market
– Why you do not need a business plan
– What is innovation
– How to implement and monetize any opportunity
– The 1% solution
– and much more.
The presentation’s duration is around 80 minutes. Trust me, I know how valuable your time is, and I can tell you that watching this 80 minutes video is most definitely worth it.